Y’all! I can’t believe I’m not tardy for the party this week! I’m feeling so proud of myself for posting my 5 for Friday on FRIDAY! Check one in the getting my act together box? Without any further rambling, here are my 5 random postings from this past week.
1. This past Monday was our first class birthday party. And I had the frosting on the table to prove it.
I mean, did this little nugget even get any frosting into his mouth?!
2. I always forget how crazy back to school time is. I feel so exhausted. I only worked out one time this week. And we went to a happy hour tonight and when we came home at 8:30 I was secretly wondering if there was a way I could call it a night right then and there.
3. Last year, in a moment of feistiness, I tossed all my seat pockets. And forgot to request more. So far I’ve been using these crates, but I don’t love them yet.
The kids have a hard time keeping them neat, and sometimes they crush their materials when they are trying to put them back into the crate. I mean, it’s been functional to this point, but I’m just not sold on it. Any other ideas?
4. Back to School night was this past Wednesday. I think it went pretty well; I had half of my families show up, and I did a home visit. A win-win. I really think it was a great event, and I have an awesome bunch of babes this year who are so excited to learn.
5. We did this Fundations assessment today, and it went really well. In a shameless self plug, this is part of my Fundations unit 1 work stations
and it can be yours with several other activities for $5. It was a great check in of our first week with Fundations. I know that Level K rolls out letters a little more slowly than Level 1, but I think these activities would be helpful in Level K as well. Take a peek!
Have a great weekend, everyone! Enjoy all the football games! =)